In many ways, it may seem like we’ve entered into a golden age of automation. From consumer electronics to home sprinkler systems that are entirely mapped and controlled by sophisticated apps, it’s an exciting time.
Software solutions that handle certified payroll needs are no different, as organizations and contractors are no longer reliant on tracking everything manually or hiring extra employees to ensure they are compliant with the Davis-Bacon Act. Assuming you choose a reliable, accurate solution that truly is government-amenable, this seems great, right? After all, if you aren’t compliant with your certified payroll, you risk penalties that could threaten your business’ future ability to land government-backed contracts.
As a contractor, your time is limited, so when you invest in something you want to be sure the product works. We also know there’s a wide range of choices to pick from. That’s why we’ve put together a checklist indicating what should be most important to you when choosing software to manage your certified payroll.
Checklist for Choosing Your Software
Regardless of which software solution you pick, you will want a certified payroll program that:
- Imports hours from your existing timekeeping system. This integration is critical to saving time and ensuring accuracy.
- Accurately automates government-required reports. While federal rules are consistent throughout the 50 states, versatility is key since individual states have their own policies and regulations which may apply to your projects.
- Stores and manages your rate information accurately. Job classifications change, and so do their prevailing wage rates.
- Create an email distribution list for each project, accommodating multiple recipients for reports within projects. This cuts down on time invested while ensuring no one important is left out.
- Attaches multiple certified reports to a single email. Saves time and resources.
- Submits reports to necessary government agencies’ electronic portals. Automation is meaningless unless it’s fully compatible with government-backed tools.
- Provides secure data storage. How data is securely handled should always be of utmost importance.
- Cloud-based and easy to access. Access your software from anywhere using any system — all you need is an internet connection!
- Offers fringe benefit reporting. This saves time and cuts down on your resource allocation.
With all the benefits listed above combined, you can save a lot of time and money which should provide peace of mind as you get expert, automated assistance piecing together your certified payroll each week.
Customization with Certified Payroll Software
Our benchmark for Certified Payroll Reporting’s automation features is high: the program is accurate, dependable, provides a satisfactory user experience and is priced affordably.
Every contractor has different needs, which is why customization is required to ensure you get exactly what you require. Certified Payroll Software, powered by Points North, is backed by more than reliable automation — it’s also supported by its people, who will sit down with you to prepare a customized plan that ensures you get the simple, stress-free solution you require. Schedule your free demo to get started.
Certified Payroll Reporting is compatible with all electronic portals used by government agencies accepting certified payroll reports stemming from the Davis-Bacon Act which include: LCPTracker, E-Mars, TRS, Elations, MD E-File, ECPR, eComply, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) and the California Department of Industrial Relations (DIR).